While holding a private listening session at Chicago’s “The Bassment” two weeks ago, Twista categorized the cut Pimp Like Me as a “grown folks track.” Using the classic Chicago house music sound, Twista and producer Tight Mike put the world’s fastest rapper to work. Using a double-time beat and a chopped n’ screwed chorus, Twista offers a cold flow full of reasons why he likes doing what he does to his women; and of course why that means he is a pimp. Pimp Like Me will be one of many contagious cuts on Twista’s upcoming release, Adrenaline Rush 2007, set to reach shelves and Online shopping carts this September.
Written by DJ Z on 07/23/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.