Stuffed from the weekend? Of course you are, almost everyone in America is, but don’t tell that to Chicago and its always hungry bunch of emcees. Although most artists usually keep to themselves around the major holidays, Chi-Town vet Twista has decided to buck the trend by giving the fans Neva Neva, a previously unreleased, slow tempo cut that rides on the heels of a well placed sample of The Friends of Distinction’s Going in Circles. While Cuzo’s production leans heavily on the sample and doesn’t do much layering on top of it, the real story here is Twista, who’s in rare form, even for him. The Midwest marauder switches his cadence and flow on numerous occasions, matriculating over the production with tales of hope and promise. It’s songs like this that reminds us that the Tung Twista has much more to offer than just lightning-fast rhymes. While Neva, Neva isn’t included on it, Twista’s new album The Perfect Storm continues to swell in stores on the strength of a flood of dope releases. The man’s obviously not going to slow down anytime soon, and for that, we’re thankful.
Written by Brando on 11/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.