Stuffed from the weekend? Of course you are, almost everyone in America is, but don’t tell that to Chicago and its always hungry bunch of emcees. Although most artists usually keep to themselves around the major holidays, Chi-Town vet Twista has decided to buck the trend by giving the fans Neva Neva, a previously unreleased, slow tempo cut that rides on the heels of a well placed sample of The Friends of Distinction’s Going in Circles. While Cuzo’s production leans heavily on the sample and doesn’t do much layering on top of it, the real story here is Twista, who’s in rare form, even for him. The Midwest marauder switches his cadence and flow on numerous occasions, matriculating over the production with tales of hope and promise. It’s songs like this that reminds us that the Tung Twista has much more to offer than just lightning-fast rhymes. While Neva, Neva isn’t included on it, Twista’s new album The Perfect Storm continues to swell in stores on the strength of a flood of dope releases. The man’s obviously not going to slow down anytime soon, and for that, we’re thankful.
Written by Brando on 11/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.