First off, let’s clear up any confusion that may result from the title of Twista’s new single. No, it’s not that Make a Movie, or that Make a Movie, or even this Movie. Got it? Despite its not-so-original name, the song itself is as distinctly Twista as ever as the lightning-tongued Chicago emcee recruits frequent production collaborator Traxster for a softly winding beat that juxtaposes perfectly with his quick, though slow by his standards, rhymes about, you guessed it, making a sex tape. (Someone call Montana Fishburne.) While an earlier version of Movie featured T-Pain on the hook, the final version finds Chris Brown lending vocal support with a burning chorus that ends with Brown sobbing uncontrollably. All jokes aside, while Make a Movie doesn’t sound like a mega-hit to me, with Twista’s catchy rhymes, Traxster’s slow jam beat and Brown’s hyperventilation-inducing presence, it may be just the thing to build some serious hype around the release of Twista’s upcoming album The Perfect Storm (no, not that The Perfect Storm), touching down sometime this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.