First off, let’s clear up any confusion that may result from the title of Twista’s new single. No, it’s not that Make a Movie, or that Make a Movie, or even this Movie. Got it? Despite its not-so-original name, the song itself is as distinctly Twista as ever as the lightning-tongued Chicago emcee recruits frequent production collaborator Traxster for a softly winding beat that juxtaposes perfectly with his quick, though slow by his standards, rhymes about, you guessed it, making a sex tape. (Someone call Montana Fishburne.) While an earlier version of Movie featured T-Pain on the hook, the final version finds Chris Brown lending vocal support with a burning chorus that ends with Brown sobbing uncontrollably. All jokes aside, while Make a Movie doesn’t sound like a mega-hit to me, with Twista’s catchy rhymes, Traxster’s slow jam beat and Brown’s hyperventilation-inducing presence, it may be just the thing to build some serious hype around the release of Twista’s upcoming album The Perfect Storm (no, not that The Perfect Storm), touching down sometime this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.