Hold on. I know what you’re thinking based on the beat, but no, Twista isn’t (really) getting all Southern on his new single I Do. The production, courtesy of his frequent collaborator, The Legendary Traxster, may sound trap music-esque at first, but ultimately it’s simply a boundary-less beat full of booming bass. Moving on, there’s a big difference between your average rapper on a track with a beat like this vs. a heavy hitter like Twista, and while I Do’s substance is sometimes flawed (“duty/dookie” rhymes in the first verse doesn’t help move the track, in my humble opinion), the most potent part of the song as always is Twista’s surgically precise delivery, although he notably doesn’t once launch into the kind of machine gun rhymes that usually leaves listeners with their jaws dropped and gasping for air. If you liked this deviation from Twista’s norm, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more information on his latest project, The Perfect Storm, which is still awaiting a solid release date.
Listen to More: Twista
Written by Sigurd on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.