Before Busta Rhymes made his nice little run last year rapping fast on R&B songs, Twista, or “Tongue Twista” if you look in the Guinness book of World Records (do it if you don’t believe), was the fastest rapper on the globe. Now, Chicago heavyweight wants to remind you that he hasn’t slowed down a bit with the latest street single, Gucci, Louis, Prada. With the help of producer DJ Tight Mike, Twista starts his flow off slow under the heavy bass and snap beat and then flips the script into his trademark fast paced rambling. There’s no overtly deep lyricism on display here, and at one point he might reference shrimp from Benihana (I think), but that’s not why you press play on a Twista record. Not that it matters, though, Gucci, Louis, Prada is not
likely to be featured on his forthcoming album, Dark House.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.