Before Busta Rhymes made his nice little run last year rapping fast on R&B songs, Twista, or “Tongue Twista” if you look in the Guinness book of World Records (do it if you don’t believe), was the fastest rapper on the globe. Now, Chicago heavyweight wants to remind you that he hasn’t slowed down a bit with the latest street single, Gucci, Louis, Prada. With the help of producer DJ Tight Mike, Twista starts his flow off slow under the heavy bass and snap beat and then flips the script into his trademark fast paced rambling. There’s no overtly deep lyricism on display here, and at one point he might reference shrimp from Benihana (I think), but that’s not why you press play on a Twista record. Not that it matters, though, Gucci, Louis, Prada is not
likely to be featured on his forthcoming album, Dark House.
Listen to More: Twista
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.