Before Busta Rhymes made his nice little run last year rapping fast on R&B songs, Twista, or “Tongue Twista” if you look in the Guinness book of World Records (do it if you don’t believe), was the fastest rapper on the globe. Now, Chicago heavyweight wants to remind you that he hasn’t slowed down a bit with the latest street single, Gucci, Louis, Prada. With the help of producer DJ Tight Mike, Twista starts his flow off slow under the heavy bass and snap beat and then flips the script into his trademark fast paced rambling. There’s no overtly deep lyricism on display here, and at one point he might reference shrimp from Benihana (I think), but that’s not why you press play on a Twista record. Not that it matters, though, Gucci, Louis, Prada is not
likely to be featured on his forthcoming album, Dark House.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.