Before Busta Rhymes made his nice little run last year rapping fast on R&B songs, Twista, or “Tongue Twista” if you look in the Guinness book of World Records (do it if you don’t believe), was the fastest rapper on the globe. Now, Chicago heavyweight wants to remind you that he hasn’t slowed down a bit with the latest street single, Gucci, Louis, Prada. With the help of producer DJ Tight Mike, Twista starts his flow off slow under the heavy bass and snap beat and then flips the script into his trademark fast paced rambling. There’s no overtly deep lyricism on display here, and at one point he might reference shrimp from Benihana (I think), but that’s not why you press play on a Twista record. Not that it matters, though, Gucci, Louis, Prada is not
likely to be featured on his forthcoming album, Dark House.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.