Having left Atlantic for the “major/indie” route at EMI/Capitol, Twista is enjoying creative freedom the likes of which he hasn’t experienced since he was known as “Tung” Twista back in the day (‘92 to be exact). With the June 16th release of Category F5, fans will get to hear the fruits of his artistic liberation firsthand. Case in point: newly-released street record No Love, which finds Twista letting loose at all the deadbeats as guest feature The Game keeps an eye out for the heat. The throwback feel is capped off (pun intended) by Tight Mike (aka Cuzo)‘s old-school banger of a beat, which cements No Love‘s status as an anthem for both emcees’ hometown streets; after all, Chicago and Los Angeles are the two gang capitals of the USA. Check back with the Booth late this spring, when Twista and DJ Z chop it up the Chi-Town way in an exclusive interview.
Written by Burmy on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.