Having left Atlantic for the “major/indie” route at EMI/Capitol, Twista is enjoying creative freedom the likes of which he hasn’t experienced since he was known as “Tung” Twista back in the day (‘92 to be exact). With the June 16th release of Category F5, fans will get to hear the fruits of his artistic liberation firsthand. Case in point: newly-released street record No Love, which finds Twista letting loose at all the deadbeats as guest feature The Game keeps an eye out for the heat. The throwback feel is capped off (pun intended) by Tight Mike (aka Cuzo)‘s old-school banger of a beat, which cements No Love‘s status as an anthem for both emcees’ hometown streets; after all, Chicago and Los Angeles are the two gang capitals of the USA. Check back with the Booth late this spring, when Twista and DJ Z chop it up the Chi-Town way in an exclusive interview.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.