Having left Atlantic for the “major/indie” route at EMI/Capitol, Twista is enjoying creative freedom the likes of which he hasn’t experienced since he was known as “Tung” Twista back in the day (‘92 to be exact). With the June 16th release of Category F5, fans will get to hear the fruits of his artistic liberation firsthand. Case in point: newly-released street record No Love, which finds Twista letting loose at all the deadbeats as guest feature The Game keeps an eye out for the heat. The throwback feel is capped off (pun intended) by Tight Mike (aka Cuzo)‘s old-school banger of a beat, which cements No Love‘s status as an anthem for both emcees’ hometown streets; after all, Chicago and Los Angeles are the two gang capitals of the USA. Check back with the Booth late this spring, when Twista and DJ Z chop it up the Chi-Town way in an exclusive interview.
Written by Burmy on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.