Though Category F5 has yet to bring Twista the rave reviews he’d been hoping for, nearly every critic has cited the rapper’s reunion with The Legendary Traxster as yielding the album’s best tracks. On Alright, Twista rejoins forces with another early collaborator, the man who helped bring him back into the heavyweight class after a seven-year absence. That’s right: the triple-time rhymer is back collaborating with Kanye for the first time since smash hit Overnight Celebrity yielded a platinum plaque. The two engage in some hip-hop muscle-flexing over a piano synth-beat co-produced by Ye and fellow Chicagoan, No I.D.. Fans will doubtless be wondering where they can get a copy of this cut, not included on Category F5‘s physical release. To do that, you need go no further than iTunes—a fitting venue for this technologically advanced display of vocalistic cataclysms (now he’s got me doing it!)
Written by Burmy on 07/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)