Despite receiving positive reviews on his latest studio album, Adrenaline Rush 2007, rapper Twista has had to scratch his head in amazement at the major decline of his personal record sales. Taking into consideration a genre-wide slump (see 50 Cent), the Chicago-born MC is back at it with a brand new song to ring in 2008. Using the late Luther Vandross’ If Only For One Night (also the inspiration for Omarion and Bow Wow’s Let Me Hold You), Twista compares his love for the microphone to that of a women. Lyrically it doesn’t get much better, but the only way to really know that is by listening to For One Night at least five times. Despite rumors that he was dropped by Atlantic Records, Twista is still signed to the label and expects to hop back in the studio shortly.
Written by DJ Z on 01/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.