Despite receiving positive reviews on his latest studio album, Adrenaline Rush 2007, rapper Twista has had to scratch his head in amazement at the major decline of his personal record sales. Taking into consideration a genre-wide slump (see 50 Cent), the Chicago-born MC is back at it with a brand new song to ring in 2008. Using the late Luther Vandross’ If Only For One Night (also the inspiration for Omarion and Bow Wow’s Let Me Hold You), Twista compares his love for the microphone to that of a women. Lyrically it doesn’t get much better, but the only way to really know that is by listening to For One Night at least five times. Despite rumors that he was dropped by Atlantic Records, Twista is still signed to the label and expects to hop back in the studio shortly.
Written by DJ Z on 01/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.