If you had to summarize Twista‘s flow in a single word, you could do a hell of a lot worse than the one the artist himself chooses on his latest feature: “Ferocious.” A standout off the Windy City mainstay’s just-released Back to the Basics EP, this record embodies the project’s philosophy to a tee. It features no concepts, gimmicks, bells or whistles; just reams of rapid-fire rhymes, delivered over the string arpeggios and slow-rolling percussion of fellow Chi-town vet The Legendary Traxster. It does, however, come accompanied by a little bit of dope window-dressing; Azae Productions’ official visuals depict the artist delivering his tongue-twisting bars alongside a live violinist and a few dime pieces. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—grab a copy of Back to the Basics, available for purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.