If you had to summarize Twista‘s flow in a single word, you could do a hell of a lot worse than the one the artist himself chooses on his latest feature: “Ferocious.” A standout off the Windy City mainstay’s just-released Back to the Basics EP, this record embodies the project’s philosophy to a tee. It features no concepts, gimmicks, bells or whistles; just reams of rapid-fire rhymes, delivered over the string arpeggios and slow-rolling percussion of fellow Chi-town vet The Legendary Traxster. It does, however, come accompanied by a little bit of dope window-dressing; Azae Productions’ official visuals depict the artist delivering his tongue-twisting bars alongside a live violinist and a few dime pieces. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—grab a copy of Back to the Basics, available for purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.