If you had to summarize Twista‘s flow in a single word, you could do a hell of a lot worse than the one the artist himself chooses on his latest feature: “Ferocious.” A standout off the Windy City mainstay’s just-released Back to the Basics EP, this record embodies the project’s philosophy to a tee. It features no concepts, gimmicks, bells or whistles; just reams of rapid-fire rhymes, delivered over the string arpeggios and slow-rolling percussion of fellow Chi-town vet The Legendary Traxster. It does, however, come accompanied by a little bit of dope window-dressing; Azae Productions’ official visuals depict the artist delivering his tongue-twisting bars alongside a live violinist and a few dime pieces. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—grab a copy of Back to the Basics, available for purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Windy City veteran Twista has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Back to the Basics EP. The second EP of his career ('05's 2 for 10 was the first), the project directly follows 2010 full-length...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.