If you had to summarize Twista‘s flow in a single word, you could do a hell of a lot worse than the one the artist himself chooses on his latest feature: “Ferocious.” A standout off the Windy City mainstay’s just-released Back to the Basics EP, this record embodies the project’s philosophy to a tee. It features no concepts, gimmicks, bells or whistles; just reams of rapid-fire rhymes, delivered over the string arpeggios and slow-rolling percussion of fellow Chi-town vet The Legendary Traxster. It does, however, come accompanied by a little bit of dope window-dressing; Azae Productions’ official visuals depict the artist delivering his tongue-twisting bars alongside a live violinist and a few dime pieces. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—grab a copy of Back to the Basics, available for purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.