Age, as those looking to justify pursuing a partner several decades older or younger will insist, ain’t nothing but a number. Of course, a corollary of that claim would be that turning 18 isn’t a guarantee of adulthood; maturity, whether mental or physical, follows its own schedule. On the latest single off his ninth studio album, Twista describes how a woman who he wouldn’t give the time of day to when she was 19 took him by surprise when she hit her mid-twenties. With Traxster’s suitably sultry synth grooves as his backdrop, the Windy City vet marvels at how much of a difference half a decade can make: “When she was young, she had a crush on me. She said I was hot, I said ‘Damn, that’s cute.’ / Saw her five years later, so thick and sophisticated, and I was like ‘Damn, that’s you?’” Tia London plays the role of the woman in question, letting the headliner know just how grown she is on the Autotune-drenched chorus. Feeling the veteran flowsmith’s latest burner? More awaits on Twista’s next album, The Dark Horse. Keep it locked for release details on the yet-unscheduled set, as well as the latest tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!