Age, as those looking to justify pursuing a partner several decades older or younger will insist, ain’t nothing but a number. Of course, a corollary of that claim would be that turning 18 isn’t a guarantee of adulthood; maturity, whether mental or physical, follows its own schedule. On the latest single off his ninth studio album, Twista describes how a woman who he wouldn’t give the time of day to when she was 19 took him by surprise when she hit her mid-twenties. With Traxster’s suitably sultry synth grooves as his backdrop, the Windy City vet marvels at how much of a difference half a decade can make: “When she was young, she had a crush on me. She said I was hot, I said ‘Damn, that’s cute.’ / Saw her five years later, so thick and sophisticated, and I was like ‘Damn, that’s you?’” Tia London plays the role of the woman in question, letting the headliner know just how grown she is on the Autotune-drenched chorus. Feeling the veteran flowsmith’s latest burner? More awaits on Twista’s next album, The Dark Horse. Keep it locked for release details on the yet-unscheduled set, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/7/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.