Age, as those looking to justify pursuing a partner several decades older or younger will insist, ain’t nothing but a number. Of course, a corollary of that claim would be that turning 18 isn’t a guarantee of adulthood; maturity, whether mental or physical, follows its own schedule. On the latest single off his ninth studio album, Twista describes how a woman who he wouldn’t give the time of day to when she was 19 took him by surprise when she hit her mid-twenties. With Traxster’s suitably sultry synth grooves as his backdrop, the Windy City vet marvels at how much of a difference half a decade can make: “When she was young, she had a crush on me. She said I was hot, I said ‘Damn, that’s cute.’ / Saw her five years later, so thick and sophisticated, and I was like ‘Damn, that’s you?’” Tia London plays the role of the woman in question, letting the headliner know just how grown she is on the Autotune-drenched chorus. Feeling the veteran flowsmith’s latest burner? More awaits on Twista’s next album, The Dark Horse. Keep it locked for release details on the yet-unscheduled set, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.