Despite receiving rave reviews, Twista’s most recent studio album, Adrenaline Rush 2007, had very minimal commercial success. Poorly promoted by his former label, Atlantic Records, the project only spawned one official single. Undaunted by his last project’s disappointing numbers, however, the Chicago icon has already re-saddled his horse and is riding solo without a corporate backing. On the heels of the Speedknot Mobstaz’ May release, Mobstability II: Nation Business, Twista has gathered up a potpourri of young talent and will showcase these artists on a “Who’s Got Next” compilation mixtape via his label imprint, Get Money Gang. The first song off the release, Ain’t It Man, is courtesy of ‘the man’ himself and features Indian-style production from fellow Midwest native, Don Vito.
Written by DJ Z on 06/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.