Despite receiving rave reviews, Twista’s most recent studio album, Adrenaline Rush 2007, had very minimal commercial success. Poorly promoted by his former label, Atlantic Records, the project only spawned one official single. Undaunted by his last project’s disappointing numbers, however, the Chicago icon has already re-saddled his horse and is riding solo without a corporate backing. On the heels of the Speedknot Mobstaz’ May release, Mobstability II: Nation Business, Twista has gathered up a potpourri of young talent and will showcase these artists on a “Who’s Got Next” compilation mixtape via his label imprint, Get Money Gang. The first song off the release, Ain’t It Man, is courtesy of ‘the man’ himself and features Indian-style production from fellow Midwest native, Don Vito.
Written by DJ Z on 06/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.