A Bushwick, Brooklyn rhymesayer with a genuine love for his city’s history and musical heritage, Booth newcomer Twigg Martin gives listeners a crash course in New York City hip-hop on the latest single off his forthcoming street album. Over beatsmith nVMe‘s throwback boardwork, sampled from the Pet Shop Boys’ New York City Boy, the up-and-coming emcee takes us all the way from the birth of rap to the present day, name-dropping a laundry list of N.Y. greats in the process. For more, check out Twigg Martin’s Good Mornin’ America tape when it arrives on the ‘net this summer.
Written by richard on 01/27/12
Submit your Rating
Dream Filthy Music/Hustle Hard
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.