A Bushwick, Brooklyn rhymesayer with a genuine love for his city’s history and musical heritage, Booth newcomer Twigg Martin gives listeners a crash course in New York City hip-hop on the latest single off his forthcoming street album. Over beatsmith nVMe‘s throwback boardwork, sampled from the Pet Shop Boys’ New York City Boy, the up-and-coming emcee takes us all the way from the birth of rap to the present day, name-dropping a laundry list of N.Y. greats in the process. For more, check out Twigg Martin’s Good Mornin’ America tape when it arrives on the ‘net this summer.
Written by richard on 01/27/12
Dream Filthy Music/Hustle Hard
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)