Once one of R&B’s rising stars, Tweet left the music industry for years to focus on her family, but the Southern hummingbird of a singer is continuing her comeback trail with the release of her new teaser single Love Again. Coming off the release of her last track Anymore, which garnered mostly positive responses from the Booth, Love Again is a slowly shining ballad built around production from Charlie Bereal and Craig Bockman, who softly layer chimes and a piano melody balanced with a strong bass line. More importantly, Tweet shows that she’s more than capable of carrying off a ballad, filling the track with breathless melodies and charismatic vocal flourishes that never try to do too much (shades of Sade perhaps?). Light some candles, pour some champagne, and prepare to fall in love with Tweet again. Love Again is slated to be a part of her upcoming album Love Tweet (which now sounds like a Twitter reference), set to drop sometime this year.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/5/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.