Once one of R&B’s rising stars, Tweet left the music industry for years to focus on her family, but the Southern hummingbird of a singer is continuing her comeback trail with the release of her new teaser single Love Again. Coming off the release of her last track Anymore, which garnered mostly positive responses from the Booth, Love Again is a slowly shining ballad built around production from Charlie Bereal and Craig Bockman, who softly layer chimes and a piano melody balanced with a strong bass line. More importantly, Tweet shows that she’s more than capable of carrying off a ballad, filling the track with breathless melodies and charismatic vocal flourishes that never try to do too much (shades of Sade perhaps?). Light some candles, pour some champagne, and prepare to fall in love with Tweet again. Love Again is slated to be a part of her upcoming album Love Tweet (which now sounds like a Twitter reference), set to drop sometime this year.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/5/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.