When I’m idling in a subway station or a doctor’s waiting room, I sometimes daydream about how I’d cope if gravity suddenly reversed. Would I be able to grab onto something before I hit the ceiling? Where would I find cover from falling objects? Tutu Sweeney, on the other hand, doesn’t have to imagine the world turning Upside Down; he lives it, when he’s with a certain woman. His first feature since January 2013’s catchy Don’t Like, this joint sees Sweeney handling production and mic duties on his lonesome. Over a his own woozy synths and languid, handclap-laced rhythm section, the artist pays tribute to a shawty so fly, she disrupts the very laws of physics (“Gravity ain’t really workin’ when I’m with you”). Engineered and mixed by Bobby Campbell, this loosie isn’t attached to a larger project; those digging it, however, can watch our pages for further news and tunes from the Los Angeles buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.