If you really think about it, we’re all time travelers, maaan... after all, we’re constantly moving Towards the Future at a speed of 60 minutes per hour. OK, that probably only qualifies as “deep” and/or “profound” if you’re a philosophy major who just took his first bong hit – the sentiment behind Inverse member Tunji‘s solo Booth debut, on the other hand, is one we should all be able to get behind. Here, the consistently-fresh Cook Classics’ jazzy, sampled boardwork sets a spaced-out mood as the West Coast buzzmaker leads listeners in raising a glass to the future, life progress, and forward momentum. As on So True, Tunji and Inverse partner-in-rhyme Toby‘s first feature as a duo, CunninLynguist Deacon the Villain handles guest duties, stating his intent to earn “a bit of respect” despite the game’s increasingly flighty, fickle nature in an inspired final verse. If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll be able to find this nostalgically celebratory joint and much more on Tunji’s Still Rising EP, scheduled to drop sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 06/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Addicts for Real ft. Tunji" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)