Writing hits, getting it in, rolling spliffs… all Day 2 Day activities ‘round Tunji Ige‘s way. On his first DJBooth feature, the latest single off his forthcoming street album, the Philly buzzmaker showcases his engaging, melodic flow as he spits about the nonstop barrage of flyness that is his life. Wonda, the Chi-town native who brought us Ellie’s Song, turns in a similarly self-assured guest 16. Together with co-producer Beewirks, Ige crafts a synth beat that’ll “[make] you bounce like you’re from Bankhead.” The Love Project currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its independent release.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.