This past Sunday, December, 4, was the fourth anniversary of Pimp C‘s untimely death. In honor of the Southern legend, Texan emcee Tum Tum has gathered a few of his most talented colleagues to remake Front, Back, Side to Side, a 1994 single off UGK‘s classic Super Tight LP. On Let Her Ride, beatsmith Recka serves up a tweaked take on the original instrumental, which Tum, Big Sant and Killa Kyleon proceed to lace with suitably freaky rhymes. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked you-know-where for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 12/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Square Bizness" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.