This past Sunday, December, 4, was the fourth anniversary of Pimp C‘s untimely death. In honor of the Southern legend, Texan emcee Tum Tum has gathered a few of his most talented colleagues to remake Front, Back, Side to Side, a 1994 single off UGK‘s classic Super Tight LP. On Let Her Ride, beatsmith Recka serves up a tweaked take on the original instrumental, which Tum, Big Sant and Killa Kyleon proceed to lace with suitably freaky rhymes. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked you-know-where for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 12/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Square Bizness" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.