This past Sunday, December, 4, was the fourth anniversary of Pimp C‘s untimely death. In honor of the Southern legend, Texan emcee Tum Tum has gathered a few of his most talented colleagues to remake Front, Back, Side to Side, a 1994 single off UGK‘s classic Super Tight LP. On Let Her Ride, beatsmith Recka serves up a tweaked take on the original instrumental, which Tum, Big Sant and Killa Kyleon proceed to lace with suitably freaky rhymes. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked you-know-where for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 12/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Square Bizness" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.