The way some rappers talk about love, it can be tough to discern whether they’re describing a romantic relationship or a corporate merger. With Booth newcomer T|U|K|O, on the other hand, there’s no ambiguity whatsoever: to the Cali singer and emcee, it’s all business. On new single Payroll, beatsmith’s Donyea G.‘s glossy synth production backs the artist as he spells our his expectations: “I’ll be your livesaver, that’s cool / But you must keep it classy—Sade Adu.” Singer Danni Rouge plays a prospective mistress, laying down a few contractual stipulations of her own on the chorus. PK Robinson directs the joint’s stylish official visuals. Interest piqued? You can find this cut and many more eclectic pop bangers on Infrared & Ultraviolet, available online as of June 5.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.