The way some rappers talk about love, it can be tough to discern whether they’re describing a romantic relationship or a corporate merger. With Booth newcomer T|U|K|O, on the other hand, there’s no ambiguity whatsoever: to the Cali singer and emcee, it’s all business. On new single Payroll, beatsmith’s Donyea G.‘s glossy synth production backs the artist as he spells our his expectations: “I’ll be your livesaver, that’s cool / But you must keep it classy—Sade Adu.” Singer Danni Rouge plays a prospective mistress, laying down a few contractual stipulations of her own on the chorus. PK Robinson directs the joint’s stylish official visuals. Interest piqued? You can find this cut and many more eclectic pop bangers on Infrared & Ultraviolet, available online as of June 5.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.