When I went through my obsessed-with-all-things-Japanese phase back in middle school, my fixation on cartoons, comic books and video games from the Land of the Rising Sun was the mark of a bona-fide nerd. Now, after years of exposure on Adult Swim and popularization by the likes of Lupe Fiasco, that stuff is… well, it’s still nerdy, but in a cool way. On Jap Scene, the latest entry in Show Tufli‘s currently-running weekly series, the Booth taps into that vein of pop-cultural appeal as he recounts his romance with an exotically alluring female. Sha-Liek‘s beat, which some may recognize from Das Racist‘s Rapping 2 U, finds the producer flipping a sample from Minma’s Shika No Uta (that’s the ending theme from Samurai Champloo, for all you cartoon-lovers). Lyrically, the young “hip-hop entrepreneur” keeps things light and entertaining, lacing the joint with breathless declarations of love, mixed with a little lust: “Is it just me, or is she the beautifullest thing I’ve ever seen?.” If this musical journey to the Far East leaves you intrigued, stay tuned for future Tufli Tuesdays entries, dropping – you guessed it – every Tuesday.
Written by richard on 12/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatchu Livin' Like" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)