While the title of Truth Turner‘s new record evokes images of 9mm pistols and busted caps, the Booth newcomer is more of a lover than a fighter. In actuality, the inaugural leak off the Dirty Southern emcee/singer/songwriter’s forthcoming mixtape (an exclusive world premiere!) finds him lusting after a female who’s “...hotter than the Heater in [his] two-seater.” Anthem and ATX man the boards on this smooth yet gritty selection, building from a spare synth-percussion verse groove to a string-laced R&B chorus as the artist pays sung and rapped tribute to a supermodel-esque shawty with a “body like a Coke bottle.” On the back, CyHi Da Prynce grabs the mic to deliver an alphabetically-themed description of his latest inamorata: “She livin’ in the A, she got a pair of B’s / All she rock is true, and the purses with the C’s / She won’t let you ever if you ain’t got none of Dese / I told her baby it’s an honor to be rollin’ with a G.” (Where “E” and “F” got off to, I couldn’t tell you.). So, is this jam as hot as the chick to whom it’s dedicated? Those who answer in the affirmative can look forward to more scorchers this Thursday, when Turner’s Booth-sponsored The Whole Truth LP hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 01/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)