While the title of Truth Turner‘s new record evokes images of 9mm pistols and busted caps, the Booth newcomer is more of a lover than a fighter. In actuality, the inaugural leak off the Dirty Southern emcee/singer/songwriter’s forthcoming mixtape (an exclusive world premiere!) finds him lusting after a female who’s “...hotter than the Heater in [his] two-seater.” Anthem and ATX man the boards on this smooth yet gritty selection, building from a spare synth-percussion verse groove to a string-laced R&B chorus as the artist pays sung and rapped tribute to a supermodel-esque shawty with a “body like a Coke bottle.” On the back, CyHi Da Prynce grabs the mic to deliver an alphabetically-themed description of his latest inamorata: “She livin’ in the A, she got a pair of B’s / All she rock is true, and the purses with the C’s / She won’t let you ever if you ain’t got none of Dese / I told her baby it’s an honor to be rollin’ with a G.” (Where “E” and “F” got off to, I couldn’t tell you.). So, is this jam as hot as the chick to whom it’s dedicated? Those who answer in the affirmative can look forward to more scorchers this Thursday, when Turner’s Booth-sponsored The Whole Truth LP hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 01/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.