While the title of Truth Turner‘s new record evokes images of 9mm pistols and busted caps, the Booth newcomer is more of a lover than a fighter. In actuality, the inaugural leak off the Dirty Southern emcee/singer/songwriter’s forthcoming mixtape (an exclusive world premiere!) finds him lusting after a female who’s “...hotter than the Heater in [his] two-seater.” Anthem and ATX man the boards on this smooth yet gritty selection, building from a spare synth-percussion verse groove to a string-laced R&B chorus as the artist pays sung and rapped tribute to a supermodel-esque shawty with a “body like a Coke bottle.” On the back, CyHi Da Prynce grabs the mic to deliver an alphabetically-themed description of his latest inamorata: “She livin’ in the A, she got a pair of B’s / All she rock is true, and the purses with the C’s / She won’t let you ever if you ain’t got none of Dese / I told her baby it’s an honor to be rollin’ with a G.” (Where “E” and “F” got off to, I couldn’t tell you.). So, is this jam as hot as the chick to whom it’s dedicated? Those who answer in the affirmative can look forward to more scorchers this Thursday, when Turner’s Booth-sponsored The Whole Truth LP hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 01/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.