Everyone knows that one couple who can’t stay together or apart, and thus find themselves trapped in a break-up/make-up loop. Either that or you are part of that couple – in which case Booth newcomer Trump Gees can relate, embroiled as he is in a similar romantic situation. On debut single Without You, the Philly native addresses the girl who would be the one, if only she would quit walking out the door. Tone P of BKS mans the boards, cooking up a bouncy, tropically mellow instrumental (complete with a soulful hook by Tiffany Brooke) as the headliner laments the chick’s indecisiveness, while acknowledging that he’ll always be waiting for her to return. The always-fly Curren$y takes the opposite approach on the back end, telling his main squeeze “It ain’t my fault, it’s more yours,” before launching into an extended description of what he’ll do now that he’s single. Whether you can cut things off just like that or, like Trump Gee, you have trouble letting go, you can’t deny this joint’s smooth appeal. The emcee’s Don Cannon-hosted Watching Me Closely LP has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 10/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Judge Me" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.