If you hadn’t guessed form the title of the artist’s latest LP, Booth newcomer Trumaine Lamar‘s got a few regrets in his past—foremost among them screwing things up with a certain female. On standout cut Still, the Florida resident pours out his feelings regarding the ex-girl in question, exercising his vocal chops over Brandon Crumbly‘s jazzy sample work. Digging this cathartic cut? More soulful reflections on love and loss await on Lamar’s Things I Should’ve Told Her, released in July and available now online.
Written by richard on 08/9/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.