If you hadn’t guessed form the title of the artist’s latest LP, Booth newcomer Trumaine Lamar‘s got a few regrets in his past—foremost among them screwing things up with a certain female. On standout cut Still, the Florida resident pours out his feelings regarding the ex-girl in question, exercising his vocal chops over Brandon Crumbly‘s jazzy sample work. Digging this cathartic cut? More soulful reflections on love and loss await on Lamar’s Things I Should’ve Told Her, released in July and available now online.
Written by richard on 08/9/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.