If you hadn’t guessed form the title of the artist’s latest LP, Booth newcomer Trumaine Lamar‘s got a few regrets in his past—foremost among them screwing things up with a certain female. On standout cut Still, the Florida resident pours out his feelings regarding the ex-girl in question, exercising his vocal chops over Brandon Crumbly‘s jazzy sample work. Digging this cathartic cut? More soulful reflections on love and loss await on Lamar’s Things I Should’ve Told Her, released in July and available now online.
Written by richard on 08/9/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.