The True 2 Life Music crew might hail from Brooklyn, but their sound knows no region. Their latest effort, Dopefiend Willie (a Booth-exclusive world premiere), has a sound that might make you think the crew resides in L.A., not N.Y. The group takes it back with a swinging, West Coast beat driven by a piercing percussion rhythm; it’ll have you feeling like it’s ‘92. Atop the in-house produced beat, True 2 Life Music emcees Concise, K.Words and Slangston Hughes deliver edgy, street-oriented bars that would bring a tear to Pac’s eye. The cut isn’t all heavy; the smoother-than-silk, breezy hook is a nice change of pace in comparison to the gritty verses. Dopefiend Willie will be part of the trio’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted Black Gods Never Die LP, set to drop August 27.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/20/13
Brooklyn hip-hop crew True 2 Life Music has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans its latest digital album, Black Gods Never Die. The project packs nine original cuts from Concise, K. Words and Slangston Hughes....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Poppin' On TV" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)