The True 2 Life Music crew might hail from Brooklyn, but their sound knows no region. Their latest effort, Dopefiend Willie (a Booth-exclusive world premiere), has a sound that might make you think the crew resides in L.A., not N.Y. The group takes it back with a swinging, West Coast beat driven by a piercing percussion rhythm; it’ll have you feeling like it’s ‘92. Atop the in-house produced beat, True 2 Life Music emcees Concise, K.Words and Slangston Hughes deliver edgy, street-oriented bars that would bring a tear to Pac’s eye. The cut isn’t all heavy; the smoother-than-silk, breezy hook is a nice change of pace in comparison to the gritty verses. Dopefiend Willie will be part of the trio’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted Black Gods Never Die LP, set to drop August 27.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/20/13
Brooklyn hip-hop crew True 2 Life Music has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans its latest digital album, Black Gods Never Die. The project packs nine original cuts from Concise, K. Words and Slangston Hughes....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Poppin' On TV" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.