Looking for a last-minute Christmas gift for someone who likes listening to hip-hop and reading, possibly at the same time? Todd Craig has just the thing: Tor’cha, an innovative urban novel that comes complete with an interactive CD-ROM that features, among other things, an original soundtrack. The latest leak off a forthcoming, expanded version of the soundtrack mixtape, comes courtesy of Truck North, previously heard as a guest on The Roots’ Criminal and Statik Selektah‘s Jaded. Backed by Mobb Deep rapper/producer Havoc‘s chopped guitar-organ instrumental, Timeless Ageless finds the Philadelphia rapper spitting about the enduring power of hip-hop – in particular, the “basic, old-school, diggin’ in crates sh*t.” Needless to say, the sentiment is one that just about everyone in the Booth will be able to relate to. How does this cut tie into Todd Craig’s multimedia novel? Don’t ask me – you’ll have to pick up Tor’cha 2.0: We Back And You Mad About It when it drops December 21, to find out for sure.
Written by richard on 12/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Criminal ft. Saigon & Truck North" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.