Looking for a last-minute Christmas gift for someone who likes listening to hip-hop and reading, possibly at the same time? Todd Craig has just the thing: Tor’cha, an innovative urban novel that comes complete with an interactive CD-ROM that features, among other things, an original soundtrack. The latest leak off a forthcoming, expanded version of the soundtrack mixtape, comes courtesy of Truck North, previously heard as a guest on The Roots’ Criminal and Statik Selektah‘s Jaded. Backed by Mobb Deep rapper/producer Havoc‘s chopped guitar-organ instrumental, Timeless Ageless finds the Philadelphia rapper spitting about the enduring power of hip-hop – in particular, the “basic, old-school, diggin’ in crates sh*t.” Needless to say, the sentiment is one that just about everyone in the Booth will be able to relate to. How does this cut tie into Todd Craig’s multimedia novel? Don’t ask me – you’ll have to pick up Tor’cha 2.0: We Back And You Mad About It when it drops December 21, to find out for sure.
Listen to More: Truck North
Written by richard on 12/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Criminal ft. Saigon & Truck North" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.