Looking for a last-minute Christmas gift for someone who likes listening to hip-hop and reading, possibly at the same time? Todd Craig has just the thing: Tor’cha, an innovative urban novel that comes complete with an interactive CD-ROM that features, among other things, an original soundtrack. The latest leak off a forthcoming, expanded version of the soundtrack mixtape, comes courtesy of Truck North, previously heard as a guest on The Roots’ Criminal and Statik Selektah‘s Jaded. Backed by Mobb Deep rapper/producer Havoc‘s chopped guitar-organ instrumental, Timeless Ageless finds the Philadelphia rapper spitting about the enduring power of hip-hop – in particular, the “basic, old-school, diggin’ in crates sh*t.” Needless to say, the sentiment is one that just about everyone in the Booth will be able to relate to. How does this cut tie into Todd Craig’s multimedia novel? Don’t ask me – you’ll have to pick up Tor’cha 2.0: We Back And You Mad About It when it drops December 21, to find out for sure.
Written by richard on 12/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Criminal ft. Saigon & Truck North" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.