Since Lords of the Underground dropped their third single back in 1993, rappers have zealously competed for the position of number one Chief Rocka. On his first feature of 2014, Truck North makes a grab at that title, and furthermore declares that he’s “The motherf**king Man.” Lofty words, but I have a feeling few will be inclined to argue after taking a listen to this joint, the second street single off the Money Making Jam Boy‘s next mixtape. A slowed-down sample from the aforementioned hip-hop classic, as flipped by beatsmith Dante Lewis, sets the stages for verses liberally seasoned with allusions to the Golden Age greats. The Philly representative’s Murder by Mourning street album currently lacks a drop date but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Criminal ft. Saigon & Truck North" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.