I’m not a believer in the death penalty, but I make an exception for the execution of dope beats by rappers as talented as Truck North and his posse. Following last week’s Rock ‘N’ Rolla, EP bonus track Capital Crime finds the South Philly representative dragging a sampled Wurx production to the guillotine with the help of perennial collaborator and Roots frontman Black Thought, as well as neighbor Asher Roth. Who came the hardest? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Regardless, you’ll be able to find this grimy, braggadocio-packed banger and much more on Truck North’s My American Cousin EP, scheduled to hit the ‘net for free download this coming Tuesday, December 11.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Criminal ft. Saigon & Truck North" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.