I’m not a believer in the death penalty, but I make an exception for the execution of dope beats by rappers as talented as Truck North and his posse. Following last week’s Rock ‘N’ Rolla, EP bonus track Capital Crime finds the South Philly representative dragging a sampled Wurx production to the guillotine with the help of perennial collaborator and Roots frontman Black Thought, as well as neighbor Asher Roth. Who came the hardest? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Regardless, you’ll be able to find this grimy, braggadocio-packed banger and much more on Truck North’s My American Cousin EP, scheduled to hit the ‘net for free download this coming Tuesday, December 11.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Criminal ft. Saigon & Truck North" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.