I’m not a believer in the death penalty, but I make an exception for the execution of dope beats by rappers as talented as Truck North and his posse. Following last week’s Rock ‘N’ Rolla, EP bonus track Capital Crime finds the South Philly representative dragging a sampled Wurx production to the guillotine with the help of perennial collaborator and Roots frontman Black Thought, as well as neighbor Asher Roth. Who came the hardest? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Regardless, you’ll be able to find this grimy, braggadocio-packed banger and much more on Truck North’s My American Cousin EP, scheduled to hit the ‘net for free download this coming Tuesday, December 11.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Criminal ft. Saigon & Truck North" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.