Serving as more than an artist on Jay-Z’s Roc La Familia roster, rapper Tru-Life has defended his boss’s honor. In doing so Tru-Life stepped into the middle of numerous feuds between Jay-Z and artists Cam’ron and Jim Jones. Hard to believe it will get his album date pushed forward, but is has thrown him into the mainstream spotlight. Collaborating with board-men Neo Da Matrix and Swizz Beats, Tru comes hard on the cut I Can Believe, off his upcoming self-titled album. If he has more material like this, it won’t be long before everyone will believe as well.
Written by DJ Z on 06/1/07
Submit your Rating
Roc La Familia
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.