There’s nothing surprising about The DJBooth featuring dope new music and visuals—we do that pretty much constantly—but today we’ve got something Special for y’all. I say that not only because “Special” is the title of the latest single from Jersey-based Booth newcomers Tru Fam, but also because we’ve managed to snag the video as an exclusive world premiere on DJBooth TV. Created by Sticks & Stones, the trippy clip is a fitting accompaniment to the record itself, which features identical twins Sha and Just-I chronicling a romantic relationship’s disintegration in lightly Auto-Tuned verses. IllJohn produces the moody, keyboard-led beat and ALECS provides a plaintive, sung hook. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the early-October release of Going to the Ceremony.
Written by richard on 08/14/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.