There’s nothing surprising about The DJBooth featuring dope new music and visuals—we do that pretty much constantly—but today we’ve got something Special for y’all. I say that not only because “Special” is the title of the latest single from Jersey-based Booth newcomers Tru Fam, but also because we’ve managed to snag the video as an exclusive world premiere on DJBooth TV. Created by Sticks & Stones, the trippy clip is a fitting accompaniment to the record itself, which features identical twins Sha and Just-I chronicling a romantic relationship’s disintegration in lightly Auto-Tuned verses. IllJohn produces the moody, keyboard-led beat and ALECS provides a plaintive, sung hook. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the early-October release of Going to the Ceremony.
Written by richard on 08/14/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.