There’s nothing surprising about The DJBooth featuring dope new music and visuals—we do that pretty much constantly—but today we’ve got something Special for y’all. I say that not only because “Special” is the title of the latest single from Jersey-based Booth newcomers Tru Fam, but also because we’ve managed to snag the video as an exclusive world premiere on DJBooth TV. Created by Sticks & Stones, the trippy clip is a fitting accompaniment to the record itself, which features identical twins Sha and Just-I chronicling a romantic relationship’s disintegration in lightly Auto-Tuned verses. IllJohn produces the moody, keyboard-led beat and ALECS provides a plaintive, sung hook. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the early-October release of Going to the Ceremony.
Written by richard on 08/14/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.