Are you a fan of immersive electronic beats and long-ass intros? If so, simply hit “play” on Troy NōKA‘s latest effort and you’ll be in Heaven. His first feature since February’s reader-acclaimed Dollars Make $tatus Change, this cut emphasizes the more experimental side of the Austin rapper/producer’s style. After some abstract, glitchy opening bars, the record develops into a dense, glossy synth arrangement garnished with spoken-word passages and hypnotic sung vocals. Though the artist does start flowing around the 2:20 mark, the emphasis is clearly on atmosphere over lyricism. Intrigued? Then watch our pages for more fresh tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of NōKA’s next album, Love.Fear.Pianos.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)