Are you a fan of immersive electronic beats and long-ass intros? If so, simply hit “play” on Troy NōKA‘s latest effort and you’ll be in Heaven. His first feature since February’s reader-acclaimed Dollars Make $tatus Change, this cut emphasizes the more experimental side of the Austin rapper/producer’s style. After some abstract, glitchy opening bars, the record develops into a dense, glossy synth arrangement garnished with spoken-word passages and hypnotic sung vocals. Though the artist does start flowing around the 2:20 mark, the emphasis is clearly on atmosphere over lyricism. Intrigued? Then watch our pages for more fresh tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of NōKA’s next album, Love.Fear.Pianos.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.