Are you a fan of immersive electronic beats and long-ass intros? If so, simply hit “play” on Troy NōKA‘s latest effort and you’ll be in Heaven. His first feature since February’s reader-acclaimed Dollars Make $tatus Change, this cut emphasizes the more experimental side of the Austin rapper/producer’s style. After some abstract, glitchy opening bars, the record develops into a dense, glossy synth arrangement garnished with spoken-word passages and hypnotic sung vocals. Though the artist does start flowing around the 2:20 mark, the emphasis is clearly on atmosphere over lyricism. Intrigued? Then watch our pages for more fresh tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of NōKA’s next album, Love.Fear.Pianos.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)