Are you a fan of immersive electronic beats and long-ass intros? If so, simply hit “play” on Troy NōKA‘s latest effort and you’ll be in Heaven. His first feature since February’s reader-acclaimed Dollars Make $tatus Change, this cut emphasizes the more experimental side of the Austin rapper/producer’s style. After some abstract, glitchy opening bars, the record develops into a dense, glossy synth arrangement garnished with spoken-word passages and hypnotic sung vocals. Though the artist does start flowing around the 2:20 mark, the emphasis is clearly on atmosphere over lyricism. Intrigued? Then watch our pages for more fresh tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of NōKA’s next album, Love.Fear.Pianos.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.