Troy NoKA is better known for dreamy, immersive electronic soundscapes than body-moving bangers, but lately friends have been prodding him to create something for the club. Not wanting to disappoint his homies, the Los Angeles singer, songwriter, producer and emcee has whipped up new EP single Gettin’ It. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this joint finds NoKA stacking paper and dispatching his enemies over his own bass-booming percussion and clipped synth arpeggios. Bay Area vet Mistah F.A.B. contributes his high-energy flows to verse two. Despite the record’s orientation toward the dancefloor, the artist’s taste for baroque instrumental flourishes is evident in the contrapuntal strings running through the cut, as well as in the glittering keyboard outro. Fans will be able to Gettin’ It and much more on Troy’s next street album, LOVE.FEAR.PIANOS. The project as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.