Troy NoKA is better known for dreamy, immersive electronic soundscapes than body-moving bangers, but lately friends have been prodding him to create something for the club. Not wanting to disappoint his homies, the Los Angeles singer, songwriter, producer and emcee has whipped up new EP single Gettin’ It. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this joint finds NoKA stacking paper and dispatching his enemies over his own bass-booming percussion and clipped synth arpeggios. Bay Area vet Mistah F.A.B. contributes his high-energy flows to verse two. Despite the record’s orientation toward the dancefloor, the artist’s taste for baroque instrumental flourishes is evident in the contrapuntal strings running through the cut, as well as in the glittering keyboard outro. Fans will be able to Gettin’ It and much more on Troy’s next street album, LOVE.FEAR.PIANOS. The project as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.