Troy NoKA is better known for dreamy, immersive electronic soundscapes than body-moving bangers, but lately friends have been prodding him to create something for the club. Not wanting to disappoint his homies, the Los Angeles singer, songwriter, producer and emcee has whipped up new EP single Gettin’ It. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this joint finds NoKA stacking paper and dispatching his enemies over his own bass-booming percussion and clipped synth arpeggios. Bay Area vet Mistah F.A.B. contributes his high-energy flows to verse two. Despite the record’s orientation toward the dancefloor, the artist’s taste for baroque instrumental flourishes is evident in the contrapuntal strings running through the cut, as well as in the glittering keyboard outro. Fans will be able to Gettin’ It and much more on Troy’s next street album, LOVE.FEAR.PIANOS. The project as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!