Troy NoKA is better known for dreamy, immersive electronic soundscapes than body-moving bangers, but lately friends have been prodding him to create something for the club. Not wanting to disappoint his homies, the Los Angeles singer, songwriter, producer and emcee has whipped up new EP single Gettin’ It. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this joint finds NoKA stacking paper and dispatching his enemies over his own bass-booming percussion and clipped synth arpeggios. Bay Area vet Mistah F.A.B. contributes his high-energy flows to verse two. Despite the record’s orientation toward the dancefloor, the artist’s taste for baroque instrumental flourishes is evident in the contrapuntal strings running through the cut, as well as in the glittering keyboard outro. Fans will be able to Gettin’ It and much more on Troy’s next street album, LOVE.FEAR.PIANOS. The project as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.