Troy NoKA is better known for dreamy, immersive electronic soundscapes than body-moving bangers, but lately friends have been prodding him to create something for the club. Not wanting to disappoint his homies, the Los Angeles singer, songwriter, producer and emcee has whipped up new EP single Gettin’ It. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this joint finds NoKA stacking paper and dispatching his enemies over his own bass-booming percussion and clipped synth arpeggios. Bay Area vet Mistah F.A.B. contributes his high-energy flows to verse two. Despite the record’s orientation toward the dancefloor, the artist’s taste for baroque instrumental flourishes is evident in the contrapuntal strings running through the cut, as well as in the glittering keyboard outro. Fans will be able to Gettin’ It and much more on Troy’s next street album, LOVE.FEAR.PIANOS. The project as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.