Still riding high off the wave of acclaim that greeted his debut album, Free Dreaming, Tony NōKA returns to feed his hungry fanbase with a fresh promotional single. Though Feelin’ It‘s “here’s to us, f**k the haters” theme is nothing new, the independent singer, songwriter and producer makes up for it with the cut’s creative, engaging execution. NōKA’s vocals are as enjoyable as ever, as are Los Angeles emcee Dom Kennedy‘s guest bars, but the headliner truly shines behind the boards, blending staccato brass with rimshot-led percussion and closing the cut with a stunningly smooth sax outro. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can look forward to official visuals for the record sometime next week.
Written by richard on 10/30/12
Submit your Rating
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.