Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch Troy’s “Don’t Fall” video.
With all the starry-eyed couples out spending time together this Valentine’s Day, even the most contented singles are likely to feel a pang or two of longing for that special someone. Before you go tumbling head-over-heels for the first guy or girl who crosses your path, though, take a listen to Troy N?KA‘s first DJBooth feature, a musical PSA highlighting romance’s potential hazards. Premiered last week on Fader, Don’t Fall finds producer T-Wiz (Troy’s production alter-ego) juxtaposing rock guitar with atmospheric synths and pummeling four-on-the-four percussion as the buzzmaking singer/songwriter/producer (a behind-the-scenes collaborator with such R&B notables as Chris Brown and Frank Ocean) reminds us that, “love doesn’t die, but it can kill you.” Guest emcee T. Coles lends a hand on the front, lamenting the difficulty of finding a woman truly worthy of his affection: “Sh*t, what I gotta do to meet a chick / that got her mind right, and got her grind tight?” As timely as it is musically innovative, this cautionary jam is just one of many quality cuts slated to appear on Troy N?KA’s Free Dreaming album, due out in mid-March.
Written by richard on 03/6/12
Submit your Rating
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Out" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.