Some artists create songs pro bono, but the vast majority of artists hope to make a profit. After all, just because someone is chasing paper doesn’t mean that they don’t put their heart and soul in the music. As evidence of this truth, look no further than TROY NōKA. On his latest visit to The DJBooth, NōKA, who worked behind-the-scenes on Frank Ocean’s Lovecrimes, wows with a stellar performance both behind the keys and on the mic. As he tickles the ivories (which is combined with an ever-so-slight trap influence) the Austin ambassador provides an energetic performance, which is driven by his diverse, captivating style. Sometimes singing, sometimes rapping, and sometimes something in between the two TROY’s dynamic, unique vocals will surely get him the coin he so desperately seeks. Dollars Make $tatus Change will appear on his Love.Fear.Pianos project, for which no date has been set.
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.