Some artists create songs pro bono, but the vast majority of artists hope to make a profit. After all, just because someone is chasing paper doesn’t mean that they don’t put their heart and soul in the music. As evidence of this truth, look no further than TROY NōKA. On his latest visit to The DJBooth, NōKA, who worked behind-the-scenes on Frank Ocean’s Lovecrimes, wows with a stellar performance both behind the keys and on the mic. As he tickles the ivories (which is combined with an ever-so-slight trap influence) the Austin ambassador provides an energetic performance, which is driven by his diverse, captivating style. Sometimes singing, sometimes rapping, and sometimes something in between the two TROY’s dynamic, unique vocals will surely get him the coin he so desperately seeks. Dollars Make $tatus Change will appear on his Love.Fear.Pianos project, for which no date has been set.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/27/13
For months, we here at The DJBooth have been buttering up the release of TROY NoKA's LOVE.FEAR.PIANOS album. Although the full-length is still not yet ready for worldwide consumption, the singer/rapper/producer is giving his...
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.