Some artists create songs pro bono, but the vast majority of artists hope to make a profit. After all, just because someone is chasing paper doesn’t mean that they don’t put their heart and soul in the music. As evidence of this truth, look no further than TROY NōKA. On his latest visit to The DJBooth, NōKA, who worked behind-the-scenes on Frank Ocean’s Lovecrimes, wows with a stellar performance both behind the keys and on the mic. As he tickles the ivories (which is combined with an ever-so-slight trap influence) the Austin ambassador provides an energetic performance, which is driven by his diverse, captivating style. Sometimes singing, sometimes rapping, and sometimes something in between the two TROY’s dynamic, unique vocals will surely get him the coin he so desperately seeks. Dollars Make $tatus Change will appear on his Love.Fear.Pianos project, for which no date has been set.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.