Some artists create songs pro bono, but the vast majority of artists hope to make a profit. After all, just because someone is chasing paper doesn’t mean that they don’t put their heart and soul in the music. As evidence of this truth, look no further than TROY NōKA. On his latest visit to The DJBooth, NōKA, who worked behind-the-scenes on Frank Ocean’s Lovecrimes, wows with a stellar performance both behind the keys and on the mic. As he tickles the ivories (which is combined with an ever-so-slight trap influence) the Austin ambassador provides an energetic performance, which is driven by his diverse, captivating style. Sometimes singing, sometimes rapping, and sometimes something in between the two TROY’s dynamic, unique vocals will surely get him the coin he so desperately seeks. Dollars Make $tatus Change will appear on his Love.Fear.Pianos project, for which no date has been set.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/27/13
For months, we here at The DJBooth have been buttering up the release of TROY NoKA's LOVE.FEAR.PIANOS album. Although the full-length is still not yet ready for worldwide consumption, the singer/rapper/producer is giving his...
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.