Oh, you like funky a** baselines, charismatic flows and fun, breezy vibes? Well, in that case, I like Your Style. I also like Troy Ave‘s new single (and so will you). Setting the stage on this colorful effort, Chase N. Cashe cooks up a funky, layered beat that drips late 90’s pop/R&B (Mariah-esque, no?). Troy matches the sashaying, easy-going vibe with a Swiss-Army-like approach that blends a sung-rapped style with a more traditional flow, plus he dishes out a charismatic, intoxicating hook. Lloyd Banks’ deep, textured flow, a nice juxtaposition to the fluffier beat, rounds out this cooler than the other side of the pillow cut perfectly. Your Style was originally released as part of his White Christmas 2 tape in December, but is now available in a final mastered form.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.