Oh, you like funky a** baselines, charismatic flows and fun, breezy vibes? Well, in that case, I like Your Style. I also like Troy Ave‘s new single (and so will you). Setting the stage on this colorful effort, Chase N. Cashe cooks up a funky, layered beat that drips late 90’s pop/R&B (Mariah-esque, no?). Troy matches the sashaying, easy-going vibe with a Swiss-Army-like approach that blends a sung-rapped style with a more traditional flow, plus he dishes out a charismatic, intoxicating hook. Lloyd Banks’ deep, textured flow, a nice juxtaposition to the fluffier beat, rounds out this cooler than the other side of the pillow cut perfectly. Your Style was originally released as part of his White Christmas 2 tape in December, but is now available in a final mastered form.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.