Troy Ave‘s Your Style was a dope record, as our readers’ rave reviews made abundantly clear, but it came at an inopportune moment; its sun-kissed sound was more suited to summertime than the dead of winter. Now that the weather’s warm, the rising East Coast rhymesayer has seized the opportunity to unleash an official remix. In keeping with the throwback R&B vibe of Chase N. Cashe‘s instrumental, Troy enlists ‘90s hitmaker Puff Daddy and his former signee, Ma$e to deliver guest bars. Grand Hustle capo T.I. rounds out the lineup, lending some Southern sun to the closing verse. Neither this remix nor the Lloyd Banks-assisted original are part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Troy Ave’s plans as further info emerges.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)