Troy Ave‘s Your Style was a dope record, as our readers’ rave reviews made abundantly clear, but it came at an inopportune moment; its sun-kissed sound was more suited to summertime than the dead of winter. Now that the weather’s warm, the rising East Coast rhymesayer has seized the opportunity to unleash an official remix. In keeping with the throwback R&B vibe of Chase N. Cashe‘s instrumental, Troy enlists ‘90s hitmaker Puff Daddy and his former signee, Ma$e to deliver guest bars. Grand Hustle capo T.I. rounds out the lineup, lending some Southern sun to the closing verse. Neither this remix nor the Lloyd Banks-assisted original are part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Troy Ave’s plans as further info emerges.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.