Troy Ave‘s Your Style was a dope record, as our readers’ rave reviews made abundantly clear, but it came at an inopportune moment; its sun-kissed sound was more suited to summertime than the dead of winter. Now that the weather’s warm, the rising East Coast rhymesayer has seized the opportunity to unleash an official remix. In keeping with the throwback R&B vibe of Chase N. Cashe‘s instrumental, Troy enlists ‘90s hitmaker Puff Daddy and his former signee, Ma$e to deliver guest bars. Grand Hustle capo T.I. rounds out the lineup, lending some Southern sun to the closing verse. Neither this remix nor the Lloyd Banks-assisted original are part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Troy Ave’s plans as further info emerges.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.