Troy Ave‘s Your Style was a dope record, as our readers’ rave reviews made abundantly clear, but it came at an inopportune moment; its sun-kissed sound was more suited to summertime than the dead of winter. Now that the weather’s warm, the rising East Coast rhymesayer has seized the opportunity to unleash an official remix. In keeping with the throwback R&B vibe of Chase N. Cashe‘s instrumental, Troy enlists ‘90s hitmaker Puff Daddy and his former signee, Ma$e to deliver guest bars. Grand Hustle capo T.I. rounds out the lineup, lending some Southern sun to the closing verse. Neither this remix nor the Lloyd Banks-assisted original are part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Troy Ave’s plans as further info emerges.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.