Troy Ave‘s Your Style was a dope record, as our readers’ rave reviews made abundantly clear, but it came at an inopportune moment; its sun-kissed sound was more suited to summertime than the dead of winter. Now that the weather’s warm, the rising East Coast rhymesayer has seized the opportunity to unleash an official remix. In keeping with the throwback R&B vibe of Chase N. Cashe‘s instrumental, Troy enlists ‘90s hitmaker Puff Daddy and his former signee, Ma$e to deliver guest bars. Grand Hustle capo T.I. rounds out the lineup, lending some Southern sun to the closing verse. Neither this remix nor the Lloyd Banks-assisted original are part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Troy Ave’s plans as further info emerges.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.