Ladies, you’ll have to excuse Troy Ave. You may be trying to cuff and claim a portion of his closet that’s the size of the Apollo, but the BSB chief has other plans. On his latest single, ME AND YOU, Ave wants to make it clear that he’s still down to hang with you, girl from California who couldn’t be more different from him, but you have to respect that at the end of the day it’s all about performing on that stage and collecting that paper. And if you try to brush him off since you think he’s not on yet, just know that everyone is already on his… you know... swag. Producer Sunny Dukes gets the assist by providing a lazy, summertime beat with big band horns for the NYC emcee to spell out his master plan. Look out for more lyrical powder for the people on Troy Ave’s upcoming B$B Volume 4 project, due out this Monday (5/5).
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.