Ladies, you’ll have to excuse Troy Ave. You may be trying to cuff and claim a portion of his closet that’s the size of the Apollo, but the BSB chief has other plans. On his latest single, ME AND YOU, Ave wants to make it clear that he’s still down to hang with you, girl from California who couldn’t be more different from him, but you have to respect that at the end of the day it’s all about performing on that stage and collecting that paper. And if you try to brush him off since you think he’s not on yet, just know that everyone is already on his… you know... swag. Producer Sunny Dukes gets the assist by providing a lazy, summertime beat with big band horns for the NYC emcee to spell out his master plan. Look out for more lyrical powder for the people on Troy Ave’s upcoming B$B Volume 4 project, due out this Monday (5/5).
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.