Troy Ave and 2 Chainz may be Lost Boyz, but they haven’t strayed from the road to riches. On the former’s latest promo single, a mixtape inclusion newly released in untagged form, the NYC fast-riser and his heavyweight guest assure us that paper will always be numero uno on their priority lists. As Troy succinctly puts it on the front, “I just want the money, f**k the fame.” Ziggy Beats mans the mixing boards, backing the collaborators’ block talk with slow-rolling percussion and a Chipmunk-pitched vocal sample. Fans can find the original (tagged) rendition of Lost Boyz on the DJ Drama-hosted White Christmas 2, available online as of December. If you haven’t already, be sure to check out Troy Ave’s guest contribution to Sauce Money‘s recent debut feature, The Borough.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.