Troy Ave and 2 Chainz may be Lost Boyz, but they haven’t strayed from the road to riches. On the former’s latest promo single, a mixtape inclusion newly released in untagged form, the NYC fast-riser and his heavyweight guest assure us that paper will always be numero uno on their priority lists. As Troy succinctly puts it on the front, “I just want the money, f**k the fame.” Ziggy Beats mans the mixing boards, backing the collaborators’ block talk with slow-rolling percussion and a Chipmunk-pitched vocal sample. Fans can find the original (tagged) rendition of Lost Boyz on the DJ Drama-hosted White Christmas 2, available online as of December. If you haven’t already, be sure to check out Troy Ave’s guest contribution to Sauce Money‘s recent debut feature, The Borough.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.