Considering Troy “Trombone Shorty” Anderson hasn’t been featured in the Booth previously, it’s kind of impossible for him to come back for an Encore. But why let things like logic and the definitions of words stand in the way of your enjoying a dope record? Originally released in late July, this single finds the singer/trombonist seeking reconciliation with his girl after a painful break-up. Blaming the “rumors and lies spread by their “so-called friends,” the singer begs the woman in question: “Baby give me one more chance to fix all the hurt I’ve caused in our romance.” Even if she’s not moved by his soulful pleas, Shorty’s lush, bluesy instrumental backdrop should help win her over; featuring veteran axe-slinger Warren Haynes’ blazing guitar riffs as well as Anderson’s renowned brass stylings, the artist’s boardwork has a jam-band feel sure to set vintage soul-lovers’ toes a-tapping. Need an “Encore” of this cut? Go for it—we in the Booth don’t charge for repeat spins. And be sure to cop Trombone Shorty’s latest full-length, For True, when it hits record stores and online retailers September 13.
Written by richard on 08/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do To Me (Star Slinger Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.