Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 25th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of Trizz, the Los Angeles buzzmaker who won rave reviews for May’s B*tch Pt. 2. On Reality Check, the unsigned emcee spits aggressive, boastful bars over some grimy original boardwork by Ace Beats. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Trizz’s LeatherFace EP, featuring guest appearances from Brotha Lynch Hung, Futuristic, Chuuwee and more, when it hits the ‘net this Friday, August 1.
Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the freestyle.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.