Previously featured as one-third of West Coast crew Durag Dynasty, as well as guesting on joints by the likes of Realm Reality (#GrindModeLifeStyle) and Blu (Thelonious King), TriState finally makes his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with the newly-released All I Had. Single numero uno off the veteran spitter’s forthcoming solo EP, this cut finds beatsmith DirtyDiggs looping a pensive string sample as Tri chronicles his hustle from ‘hood poverty to hip-hop eminence. He delivers his narrative with all the wit and sophistication fans have come to expect, packing his bars with internal rhymes and blink-and-you-miss-em allusions to popular culture. Complete with a tuneful hook courtesy of Washeyi Choir, this cut is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Digital Documents, which currently awaits a drop date. Keep it locked for further details on the EP, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 03/18/14
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bar Season" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.