Previously featured as one-third of West Coast crew Durag Dynasty, as well as guesting on joints by the likes of Realm Reality (#GrindModeLifeStyle) and Blu (Thelonious King), TriState finally makes his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with the newly-released All I Had. Single numero uno off the veteran spitter’s forthcoming solo EP, this cut finds beatsmith DirtyDiggs looping a pensive string sample as Tri chronicles his hustle from ‘hood poverty to hip-hop eminence. He delivers his narrative with all the wit and sophistication fans have come to expect, packing his bars with internal rhymes and blink-and-you-miss-em allusions to popular culture. Complete with a tuneful hook courtesy of Washeyi Choir, this cut is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Digital Documents, which currently awaits a drop date. Keep it locked for further details on the EP, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 03/18/14
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bar Season" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.