Once upon a time, Rush Hour Entertainment signee Trippz Michaud was “the kid no b*tches said ‘Hi’ to.” Now, those very same ladies who spurned him in high school are blowing up his phone on the daily. Well, he’s got bad news; on a brand new promo single, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Connecticut buzzmaker tells groupies and opportunistic hangers-on, “I’m Not Your Type.” The Young Boyz’ eerie synth arpeggios and syncopated vocal samples accompany the headliner’s defiant, occasionally paranoid bars, as well as the guest rhymes of T-Dot buzzmaker D-Pryde. Michaud is currently in the beginning stages of recording a new mixtape, and is also working on a sequel to 2013’s Adventures of Trippz Vol. 2 EP. In the meantime, he plans to drop a fresh promo single “each week or every two weeks.” As always, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
Rush Hour Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Word" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.