Once upon a time, Rush Hour Entertainment signee Trippz Michaud was “the kid no b*tches said ‘Hi’ to.” Now, those very same ladies who spurned him in high school are blowing up his phone on the daily. Well, he’s got bad news; on a brand new promo single, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Connecticut buzzmaker tells groupies and opportunistic hangers-on, “I’m Not Your Type.” The Young Boyz’ eerie synth arpeggios and syncopated vocal samples accompany the headliner’s defiant, occasionally paranoid bars, as well as the guest rhymes of T-Dot buzzmaker D-Pryde. Michaud is currently in the beginning stages of recording a new mixtape, and is also working on a sequel to 2013’s Adventures of Trippz Vol. 2 EP. In the meantime, he plans to drop a fresh promo single “each week or every two weeks.” As always, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
Rush Hour Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Word" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.