Once upon a time, Rush Hour Entertainment signee Trippz Michaud was “the kid no b*tches said ‘Hi’ to.” Now, those very same ladies who spurned him in high school are blowing up his phone on the daily. Well, he’s got bad news; on a brand new promo single, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Connecticut buzzmaker tells groupies and opportunistic hangers-on, “I’m Not Your Type.” The Young Boyz’ eerie synth arpeggios and syncopated vocal samples accompany the headliner’s defiant, occasionally paranoid bars, as well as the guest rhymes of T-Dot buzzmaker D-Pryde. Michaud is currently in the beginning stages of recording a new mixtape, and is also working on a sequel to 2013’s Adventures of Trippz Vol. 2 EP. In the meantime, he plans to drop a fresh promo single “each week or every two weeks.” As always, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Rush Hour Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Word" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.