Once upon a time, Rush Hour Entertainment signee Trippz Michaud was “the kid no b*tches said ‘Hi’ to.” Now, those very same ladies who spurned him in high school are blowing up his phone on the daily. Well, he’s got bad news; on a brand new promo single, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Connecticut buzzmaker tells groupies and opportunistic hangers-on, “I’m Not Your Type.” The Young Boyz’ eerie synth arpeggios and syncopated vocal samples accompany the headliner’s defiant, occasionally paranoid bars, as well as the guest rhymes of T-Dot buzzmaker D-Pryde. Michaud is currently in the beginning stages of recording a new mixtape, and is also working on a sequel to 2013’s Adventures of Trippz Vol. 2 EP. In the meantime, he plans to drop a fresh promo single “each week or every two weeks.” As always, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Rush Hour Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Word" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.