I know that everyone has their own musical palate, and what is dope to one might be whack to another, but I think we can safely assume that those listeners who dismiss Trippz Michaud‘s new video single are Idiots. Building on his January Booth debut, Oh Word, Michaud demonstrates his diverse musical style, fusing a solid Hip-Hop foundation (thanks in part to the haunting beat from Kajmir) with a smidgen of Rock. His lyrics take aim at sheep who do whatever they are told by society, which adds an element Punk music to the party. For more brash, genre-bending cuts, check out join the Connecticut emcee’s The Adventures of Trippz Vol. 1 EP, available for free via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
Rush Hour Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Word" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.